Stuff that rolls around in my head...fighting to get out...if I don't post it I end up talking to myself or even worse talking to my sister! And no one wants that!
4/19/11
Camping
Thorny and Jazz are planning to go camping this summer and it's got me thinking about camping when I was a kid. If it wasn't for Pathfinders (SDA Church's equivalent to Boy and Girl scouts) I seriously doubt my family would have ever gone camping. My mom was the Pathfinder Asst Leader when we were in Kansas so any camping trip we six had to be there. But we did get to the Camporee in South Dakota and got to see Mount Rushmore, The Badlands and The Corn Palace. I was only 6 and came down with a virus and a burning hot fever so my memory of the trip isn't that great. But what I do remember, it was fun. Nowadays, my version of camping is the nearest hotel with a view of the forest...with bug spray of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey CJ! You won a $5 Gift Certificate to Silver Publishing in the *KINDLE* contest . . . please email me at pennandquill(at)gmail.com.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Ryssa
YAY!! Thanks Ryssa!!
ReplyDelete